Combined, evidence from five studies included in this review finds that interventions delivered by mobile phones can help people stop smoking, though the results from individual studies varied. The interventions included in this review mainly use text messaging to provide motivation, support and tips for quitting. There are no published studies on smartphone applications designed to help people stop smoking.
Can interventions delivered by mobile phones help people to stop smoking?
November 14, 2012
More like this
- Can Internet based interventions help people to stop smoking?
- Does individually delivered counselling help people to stop smoking
- Are stage-based interventions more effective than non-stage-based ones in helping smokers to quit?
- Does a combination of smoking cessation medication and behavioural support help smokers to stop?
- Do group-based smoking cessation programmes help people to stop smoking