Pressure ulcers (also called bed sores, decubitus ulcers or pressure sores) are sores on the skin caused by pressure or rubbing. They usually affect immobile people on the bony parts of their bodies such as hips, heels and elbows, and take a long time to heal. Electromagnetic therapy is not a form of radiation or heating, but uses an electromagnetic field with the aim of stimulating healing. However, the review of trials concluded that there is no strong evidence that electromagnetic therapy helps or hinders healing of pressure ulcers.
Electromagnetic therapy for treating pressure ulcers
December 12, 2012
More like this
- Honey as a topical treatment for acute and chronic wounds
- Aloe vera for treating acute and chronic wounds
- Electromagnetic therapy (EMT) for treating venous leg ulcers
- The effect of therapeutic ultrasound on pressure ulcers.
- Ultrasound therapy used for healing venous (varicose) leg ulcers and to improve symptoms