Clotiapine is an antipsychotic drug and is currently used in the management of acute psychotic symptoms in Argentina, Belgium, Israel, Italy, Luxemburg, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland and Taiwan. This review highlights limited evidence for the effects of clotiapine compared with other drugs also used in this emergency situation.
Clotiapine for acute psychotic illnesses
12 September 2012
More like this
- Zuclopenthixol acetate for acute schizophrenia and similar serious mental illnesses
- Zuclopenthixol decanoate for schizophrenia and other serious mental illnesses
- Can changing antipsychotic medication improve side effects like increases in weight, blood sugar and cholesterol?
- Depot flupenthixol decanoate for schizophrenia or other similar mental illnesses
- Neuroleptic-reduction and/or cessation and neuroleptics as specific treatments for tardive dyskinesia