Different types of hypnotherapy are used to try and help people quit smoking. Some methods try to weaken people's desire to smoke, strengthen their will to quit, or help them concentrate on a 'quit programme'. Trials have used different types and amounts of hypnotherapy and compared them with different control conditions, including no treatment, brief advice, or smoking cessation counselling. Although it is possible that hypnotherapy could be as effective as counselling treatment there is not enough good evidence to be certain of this.
Does hypnotherapy help people who are trying to stop smoking
October 6, 2010
More like this
- Acupuncture and related therapies do not appear to help smokers who are trying to quit.
- Can Internet based interventions help people to stop smoking?
- Are there any smoking cessation programmes which can help adolescents to stop smoking
- Can interventions delivered by mobile phones help people to stop smoking?
- Are stage-based interventions more effective than non-stage-based ones in helping smokers to quit?